Needless to say, we take accessibility seriously at Pelagus Creative Web as many of our clients are Government agencies and have the highest of standards to obtain.
Drupal, as a CMS is also concerned with accessibility with the Accessibility Initiative ensuring Drupal remains a best practice platform.
Pratcially speaking there are many things we do to ensure quality:
- Review all designs and wireframes before the site build process.
- Build components which are accessible first and remediate any deficiences we find in them.
- Contrinuously improve on our development practices and components.
- Review our sites with automated tools such as SiteImprove, Lighthouse and WAVE.
- Manually test our sites with the keyboard to test keybord accessibility.
- We are aiming for near perfect scores using the automated tools and will work to ensure that any remediations are made where it is reasonable to do so. Furthermore, many of our sites have undergone intense accessibility audits, including sites that have been designed for those with disabilities.